Below you will find important information regarding the required and optional equipment for your player.
Required Football Equipment
- Helmet: Used helmets 2 seasons old or more must be re-certified.
- Practice Football Pants with either integrated or separate 7 piece pads. Game pants are not to be worn to practice.
- Shoulder Pads.
- A molded Mouth Guard. Player will not be allowed to participate without one! Must be one that is tethered to the face mask in some fashion. No white or clear mouth guards are allowed!
- Practice socks. Game socks are not to be worn to practice.
- Football Cleats (not metal).
- Large water bottle.
Optional Football Equipment
- Compression shirt with or without padding (long and/or short sleeve).
- Rib protector.
- Athletic supporter.
Used football equipment should be reconditioned periodically to ensure player safety. Helmets must be reconditioned at least every three years. Helmets older than 10 years cannot be reconditioned.
Harco Athletic is a local Fort Collins, Colorado company with 29 years experience reconditioning football helmets and equipment. Harco uses only original manufacturer replacement parts, and all helmets are tested to ensure compliance with NOCSAE standards. Let us show you how personal customer service and attention to detail can make your equipment reconditioning and purchasing a breeze instead of a burden.
Reconditioning shoulder pads at 25% of the cost of replacing them and helmets at roughly 33% will help you meet those tight budgets. This will also allow you to invest more in rotating your helmet stock, giving your players what you expect from them, the best.